As you should know by now, this Christmas we’re not really doing presents due to our imminent house move. Buying a house is soooo expensive – so we’ve had to get creative on the present front. I made this truffles last year and they were amazing. So I’ve made them again – they’re a bit more rushed this year as we get the keys to our house tomorrow. Still, they taste lovely!
Want to make some cheap tasty truffles? You’ll need:
- Two Christmas puddings
- 4 x 100g bars of dark chocolate
- One tiny bottle of brandy
- 100g white chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl mash your Christmas puddings with a potato masher (you’ll need to use some elbow grease) until it’s a crumble. Place to one side.
- Melt you chocolate in a bowl over warm water (making sure it doesn’t touch the water) and stir in your brandy.
- Pour into your mixing bowl and stir well. Leave for 2 minutes.
- Lay out some tiny cake cases, grab a small amounts of the mix, roll in to balls and place in your cake cases.
- Next melt your white chocolate in the same way, spoon a small amount onto your truffles and add your decorations.
- Leave to set for a few hours.
What’s your favourite truffle recipe?
Hayley Jayne xx