This is going to have to be a super fast post tonight. Somehow my blog doesn’t seem to be working at home again (remember that problem?) and I have LOADS to do. House stuff mainly. It’s not easy buying a house and blogging every day.
Tonight’s dinner was about as quick and easy as this blog post. I threw together loads of tasty nutritional ingredients together to make a tasty kindney bean and carrot burger. Want to make it? You’ll need:
1 can of kidney beans
1/2 white onion
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tbsp flour
Mango chutney to serve
1. Drain your kidney beans and boil for 10 minutes to soften.
2. Meanwhile finely chop your onion and grate your carrot. Heat some oil in a pan and fry off to soften, adding your cumin and carrot.
3. Drain your now cooked kidney beans and return to the pan, along with your carrot and onion and mash until it becomes the same consistency of mashed potato. Mix in some plain flour.
4. Roll into four balls and flatten into burgers. Heat some oil in your frying pan again and fry on both sides for 4 minutes.
5. Serve with warm pitta, salad and mango chutney.
Hayley Jayne xx