At work today we joined in with Wear it Pink day to raise money for Breast Cancer. Not only did I have to find something pink to wear (I went for a pink and black dress #standard) I also volunteered to make something for the raffle, and some treat for the marketing team.
As my bus last night took ages to get my home, I opted for something quick and easy – rocky road. I made three varieties, all were really easy to make and went down well with the guys at work. If you like chocolate – these bad boys are for you. Rather than tell you how to make each flavour, I’ve tell you the basics so you can make your own.
Loads of mini marshmallows
5-8 two finger kit kats (you don’t have to use kit kats but I always do)
6 digestive biscuits
1 tbsp golden syrup
1. Line a baking try with parchment.
2. Use a rolling pin to bash your biscuits and kit kats and place them in a mixing bowl. Add in your marshmallows and anything else you’d like. You could add dried fruit, sweets, flavouring. Anything!
3. Melt you chocolate in a bowl above boiled water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. When melted, stir in your golden syrup and combine.
4. Combine with your dry ingredients until even. Pour into you baking tray and flatten to a few cms thick.
5. Leave to cool in the fridge over night if possible – or a minimum of 2 hours.
5. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
What your favourite rocky road recipe?
Hayley Jayne xx