I have had the mother of all bad days… when I say bad, I mean really really bad. To top it all off, I came home to a leaky bedroom wall and a broken Macbook charger. What a nightmare. I need carbs and cheese. Lots of it.
Tonight I’ve decided to make a creamy tomato pasta with my favourite veg – grilled, and one of my favourite cheeses. I’m using packet pasta (tut tut – I’d much rather make my own) – but other than that I’m whipping up from scratch as I type. To make this comfort dish you’ll need:
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of soured cream
- 1 pepper
- 5 mushrooms
- 1/2 courgette
- Enough spaghetti for two people
- Set your spaghetti on to cook and heat up your grill. Line a baking tray with foil, chop up your vegetables and lay it on the foil. Drizzle with oil and place under your grill.
- In a frying pan, fry off your onion and garlic for a few minutes. Pour over your chopped tomatoes and heat through – allowing it to thicken.
- Spoon in your soured cream and combine. Drain your spaghetti and add it to your frying pan to coat in the sauce.
- Serve onto plates, spoon on roasted veg and feta.
Hayley Jayne xx