So we had some pork in the freezer and we took it out last night without a clue of what to make with it. I’m not a huge pork fan, in fact I really don’t like pork – I’d much rather eat roast beef, lamb or chicken over roast pork… however, there is one dirty, naughty pork dish I love – one dish BBQ Reds know how to do well and a dish that’s very much in-vogue at the moment: Pulled Pork Sandwich!
I had a look on google and found this blog post, which alleged to know how to make pulled pork in a pressure cooker in under 1 hour! I know right?! I had to give it a go. The result? Not quite BBQ Reds – but it was delicious all the same. If you want to make pulled pork and you’re in a hurry (well you have an hour or so to make dinner), this recipe is for you.
To make it to serve 2, you’ll need:
- 400g pork fillets
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2/3 cup of bbq sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- A few pinches of salt and chilli powder
- In a pressure cooker, heat some oil and place in your pork filets to brown on both sides. Take them out and place them to one side on a plate.
- Chop your onion and crush your garlic and cook for a few minutes before adding your sauce, water, spices and seasoning.
- Place in your pork and seal your pressure cooker and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour – checking every once in a while. Once cooked, the pork should be tender enough to be easily pulled apart with a pork.
- Serve with crusty roll with extra BBQ sauce and applesauce.
Hayley Jayne xx