It’s the weekend and we’ve totally forgotten to take any meat out of the freezer to cook with. When we’re home on a Saturday or Sunday I like to cook something special – something we wouldn’t have on a week night. Time isn’t on my side today as I’ve had a driving lesson, been to see my friend, had my hair done and more – I’ve not been home long, so I’ve decided to make a veggie dish, packed with flavour; Moroccan mushrooms and beans.
It has all the flavours we love about moroccan food in a tasty, quick and easy veggie dish. It’s packed full of nutrients and will totally make up for the gin and dessert we’re also going to consume tonight. 🙂
To make it you’ll need:
- 1 onion
- 300g combined button and chestnut mushrooms
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of cannelloni beans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1tsp clear honey
- A few pinches of coriander (if you don’t have any fresh coriander to use)
- Heat some oil in a pan, add your chopped onions and cook to soften for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in your corriander and cumin and cook for a further minute before adding your chopped mushrooms and cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over your chopped tomatoes and stir in with your beans and honey. Season if you wish and heat through – cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Serves with either cous cous or rice.
Hayley Jayne xx