Last night we went to Aldi and did a HUGE fruit and vegetable shop – £50 worth, and we bought lots cheese too – of course! We bought so much it took me a whole 20 minutes to decide what to make for dinner tonight (well we had loads of food and my brain was tired). In the end I settled on this; a simple veggie supper with my favourite cheese, and aubergine!
I’m so hungry I’m posting this quick so I can stop and relax. It’s nice and simple. To make it you’ll need:
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- A few pinches of basic
- A round of goats cheese
- Slice your aubergine into four sections, lengthways, drizzle with oil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow pan heat some oil and add in your garlic clove, crushed. Begin to heat your chopped tomatoes and cook through until it thickens.
- After 25 minutes add on your tomato sauce and cheese and bake for a further five minutes.
- Serve with salad or vegetables.
What’s your favourite veggie dish to cook with aubergines?
Hayley Jayne xx