After visiting Dan’s parents for the weekend and being treated to hearty home cooked food, we are more than ready for something refreshing and healthy to kick start our week. As I type, a tasty pan of paella is cooking on the hob and my raw king prawns are ready to drop in. I’m in my pjs and once my blog is posted, I have nothing else to do. This is bliss. I’m relaxing – a rare evening of nothing lies ahead. So I’ll keep tonight’s post short and sweet.
To make our quick prawn paella you’ll need:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 chilli (I used birds eye)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- A few pinches of oregano and parsley
- 200g paella rice
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- 100g prawns
- 1 pinch of coriander
- In a frying pan heat some oil and add in your chopped onion and crushed garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in your spices, chilli and herbs and combine, then mix with the paella rice and cook for 1 minutes.
- Pour over your chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and leave to bubble. Add in some cherry tomatoes if you wish and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add your prawns and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, or until your paella is cooked through. Add a pinch of coriander towards the end.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hayley Jayne xx