Tonight’s dinner is totally made up but also totally tasty. Inspired by our two evenings of Thai food this weekend, I’ve used up some left over ingredients from this weekend to cook up a week night storm!
All of the ingredients can be purchased from all major supermarkets and include super-hot birds eye chillies, ginger and coconut. It’s perfect for veggies and vegans and is quick enough to make and eat as a supper dish.
To make it you’ll need:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 birds eye chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 cups of red lentils
- 2 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 lemon grass, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 can of coconut milk
- A small handful of basil leaves
- Rice to serve
- In a wok, heat some oil and add in your onion and garlic chopped and a little sugar. Stir and leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in your chilli, ginger and lemon grass and cook for a few more minutes before adding your sweet potato and coating in sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce.
- Pour over your coconut milk and cook for five minutes.
- Add in your lentils milk and cook for a further 15 minutes, pouring in a cup full of water if needed.
- Add your basil before serving with boiled rice.
Hayley Jayne xx