So as you should know (if you read yesterday’s post), I had a day off yesterday. I did what all foodies would do and used the time to do some cooking and baking. I was going to make some brownies, but I only made some a week ago – so decided to bake some tasty biscuits instead. I kept the cookie dough simple and added in some milk chocolate and blueberries. Sometimes it’s nice to bake something quick and easy for you to enjoy with a cup of tea in front of the telly.
And that’s just what I did.
Want to make my no-fuss blueberry and milk chocolate cookies? You’ll need:
- 225g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
- 100g milk chocolate
- A few handfuls of blueberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl cream together your butter and caster sugar, and add in your flour and keep creaming your mixture together until they are well combined. You may add a little vanilla essence if you wish.
- With your chocolate still in its wrapper, bash with the end of a rolling pin until you have lots of small pieces and mix in.
- Using you hands, grab some dough and roll into a ping-pong sized ball. Squash flat into a round biscuit and place on your baking tray – leaving a few cms between each.
- Place your blueberries on top of your cookies and squash in – I used three in each but you could add in more.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until they are no longer soft in the middle and they brown ever so slightly.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and enjoy with a glass of milk or cup of tea!
Hayley Jayne xx