Last night I made a delicious shortbread, using grapefruit. I love making shortbread – it’s so easy to throw together if you’re in need of a quick fix for your biscuit tin. With my promise to bake every week, I rustled up some shortbread with a tangy twist – and they taste delicious.
There was some trail and error in making these. The grapefruit juice meant that I had to add more flour to compensate, and the finished biscuit is softer than your average shortbread. It’s do tasty though – and it tastes even better the next day.
To make it you’ll need:
3oz caster sugar
10oz plain flour
Juice and zest from 1/2 red grapefruit
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl combine your butter and sugar and add your grapefruit juice and zest.
3. Add your flour and combine until its a thick paste.
4. Spoon out onto a tray lined with baking paper and flatten into a 1cm slab.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until its browned.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack, once cooled cut into squares.
7. Enjoy with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.
Hayley Jayne xx