So, tonight I’m going to share a recipe with you. I haven’t blogged one for a while due to the technical issues with my blog – so you’ll have to excuse the grainy Instagram image!
Last night I made my first every baked risotto. It was delicious. A perfect mixture of flavours, from the sweetness of tomato, to a touch a bitterness from a sharp red wine and basil, with some spice from chorizo. We had wine, cheese and basil left over from the weekend – this seemed like a perfect combo. I’d certainly recommend making it.
To make it you’ll need:
1/2 large white onion, diced
1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 chorizo sausage finely slices
Handful of mushrooms
Handful of basil leaves
125g risotto rice
1 can of chopped tomatoes
100 ml chicken stock
Salt and pepper
Large glug or red wine
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place a flat bottomed casserole dish on the hob on a medium heat (have your oven gloves ready and use a pan and transfer if you need to – you can always transfer to a casserole dish later on). Heat some oil and add in your onion and garlic – cook for a few minutes then add in your mushroom and cook for a a further few minutes.
3. Add in your chorizo, risotto rice, tomatoes, basil, stock, red wine and seasoning and mix well.
4. Cover with foil or a lid of you have one and place in the middle of the oven.
5. Cook for 30 minutes and check. Your risotto should absorb the tomatoes and stock. Mine took 45 minutes but will vary if different ovens – have a quick taste and check that it’s to your liking.
6. Spoon out on your plate and sprinkle with Parmesan.
What’s your favourite baked risotto recipe?
Hayley Jayne xx