The other night I decided I was in a baking mood. I had Oreos (why not?) but I didn’t have any eggs. Is there anything worse? So, I took to the internet and found a few recipes for eggless banana bread – I hashed them all together and made up a recipe of my own.
I used wholemeal flour, but you can use standard self-raising if you wish. For some reason I expected it to be sweeter than it was, more like a cake than a loaf – but it was defiantly loaf-like and lush. A perfect accompaniment to a glass of milk.
To make it you’ll need:
- 375g self raising flour (wholemeal or plain)
- 165g brown sugar
- 250ml milk
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pack of crushed Oreos
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease/line a load tin.
- Combine your dry ingredients, excluding Oreos, in a mixing bowl, add in your milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Stir in your mashed banana and oreos and until consistent.
- Pour into your loaf tin and bake at the centre of your oven for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire-rack.
Hayley Jayne xx