Earlier this week I made some yummy chocolate and blueberry muffins to use up some of the ingredient I had in to make my spiced cake. Rather than using white flour, I used wholemeal to make my muffins to make them a touch healthier, and kept my cocoa to serve the same purpose.
Why wholemeal? Well I’m going bread-free for a while to see how I feel. A few weeks ago I was eating bread most days and I always felt bloated and tired – so far so good, so I’m talking this to the next level and cutting out a bit of white flour too.
They tasted yummy – so good that my boss had three of them, if not more, for breakfast the next day.
Want to make them? You’ll need:
- 125g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 100ml milk
- 1 punet of fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 and grease or line a muffin tray.
- In a clean bowl combine all of your dry ingredients excluding you blueberries.
- Whisk together your milk, oil and egg and mix into your flour, cocoa powder and sugar until you have an even consistency.
- Fold in your blueberries and spoon into your muffing tray – these don’t rise hugely so make sure you fill each mould fully.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Hayley Jayne xx