Tonight, I set to the cupboards to find something to make for tea, and had a startling realisation. I had NEVER made eggy bread… i know! It’s terrible. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I lived a sheltered childhood – a childhood without the eggy-bready goodness that is french toast.
I’m sure that majority of you reading this will have made it before. It’s staple student food and hangover food, how this has passed me by I do not know. If you haven’t even made this dish – you should, it’s really tasty. Think of scrambled/fried-egg and bread, all-in-one. I had mine with spinach and grilled tomatoes in a bid to be healthy.
To make it you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 sliced of bread, cut in half
- In a bowl or jug, crack open the eggs and beat them. Adding in your seasoning.
- Heat about 1tbsp of oil in a frying pan on a medium head.
- Dip your bread into your egg mix, then place in the pan – I poured on my remaining egg, but this isn’t necessary.
- Cook on one side for a few minutes, then turn over – and keep on turning until they’re lightly browned.
- Dish up and enjoy!
Hayley Jayne xx