As you know, the lovely guys at Rachel’s Organic asked me to sample some of their tasty yoghurts. I’ve already fallen in love with their Greek Style Honey yoghurt – but it’s not just a great snack or topping for cereal – it can be used in baking and savoury cooking, and can often be a great healthy alternative to fatty creams.
I did a little research online and found a recipe for 3 ingredient cookies using yoghurt – whilst the recipe says cookies, I would say they are more like scones. Not only are they easy to make, they are healthy as they include no added sugar (at all) and they taste lovely cut down the middle with a little bit of butter.
In my recipe I used Rachel’s Organic low fat raspberry yoghurt with a little honey – but could just as easily make them with any flavour. Want to give them a try? You’ll need:
- 3 cups/125g of self raising flour
- 3 cups (or one ful tub an 2 tbsps of another) Rachel’s Organic Yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- Line a baking tray and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the flour and salt, then add in the yoghurt and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out into your baking tray – leaving a few cm’s between them – they don’t spread too much.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- Leave to cool completely before eating.
- Enjoy cut in half with a little butter!
Hayley Jayne xx