On Saturday, me and Dan whipped up a culinary storm in the kitchen. The above dish may look like mush… that’s because we made our own pasta and I put a little too much egg white in the pasta dough. Mushiness aside, this pasta sauce is up there with the best I’ve ever made. It’s sweet, full of flavour and perfect for a light Spring meal.
I’m a bit weirded out by prawns – that’s why I haven’t blogged about them on here before. It’s the little critters that haven’t been gutted that turn my stomach sideways. The fact that they have poo in them – and we eat it. EEWW! So, I always go for slightly bigger prawns, so I can check they are good to eat, and that their intestines are nice and empty. Is anyone else freaked about about seafood like me?
Now, on to the recipe. It’s so easy – to make it you’ll need:
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Prawns – enough for two people – cooked and shelled
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow courgette, cut into small chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Your pasta of choice
- In a frying pan, heat some oil. Add in your onion and garlic and leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add in your courgette and leave to simmer for another minute before adding in your prawns and mixing well.
- Pour over you chopped tomatoes and add in spring onion, seasoning and your basil. Leave to cook on a low heat for the time it takes to cook your pasta.
- Serve up and mix with your pasta, making sure you heat it on the hob to make sure it’s all cooked through – it tastes great with some Applewood cheese.
Hayley Jayne xx