After yesterday’s stomach bug, I’m feeling better – but not 100%. I’m still really tired, so I decided that tonight we needed nutrients and goodness to help me get better. Rather than following a recipe, I simply threw lots of ingredients in a pan and came up with something new – a butter bean stew.
This stew is full of energy from the potato and protein from the butter beans. A mixture of paprika, garlic, coriander and spring onion gives it a rich and summer flavour – perfect for a Sunday afternoon in May.
To make it you’ll need:
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 pepper
- 1 can of butter beans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- A few pinches of coriander
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spring onion
- Chop your potatoes into chunks and set off to boil in a pan.
- In a wok heat some oil and add in your chopped peppers and onions. Cook for 7-8 minutes, before adding in the garlic, paprika, coriander and spring onion.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes then add in your butter beans and chopped tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes before draining off your potatoes and adding them into the pan.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This would also go great with bacon (see picture) or chorizo.
Hayley Jayne xx