Ok, so I need to keep tonight’s blog post quick and easy as we have dinner party guests coming round in 16 minutes! After hosting dinner for Dan’s parents last night, and looking around our wedding venue (which resulted in me being up really late planning things), I needed to make a quick and easy dessert. I’ve seen recipes for Oreo cheesecakes and they’re all slightly different – so I decided to make up my own. Here goes. You’ll need:
- One pack of Oreos
- One pack of cream cheese (300g)
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- A big knob of butter
- 1 bar of white chocolate
- Melt your butter in a pan and which all of your Oreo cookies in a food processor. Take 8 heaped tablespoons of cookie crumbs and place in a bowl, add half of your melted butter and mix until you have a good consistency for your base. Even out with more crumbs or butter as needed. Place in the bottom of four ramekins and cool for a while in the fridge (I left mine for five minutes – preferably leave it for 30, minimum).
- In a separate bowl, add your cream cheese, sugar and the majority of your Oreo crumbs and mix well.
- In an other bowl melt your white chocolate, then add into your cream cheese mix. Once all is mixed well, spoon into your ramekins. Sprinkle the remainder of your Oreo crumbs on top and leave to chill in the fridge over night.
- It’s as easy as that! Enjoy
Hayley Jayne xx