Tonight I was meant to be having some of my favourite ladies round for an en-mass dinner party to celebrate my birthday and belated engagement. Sadly, the silly snow had other ideas! Luckily, I have one friend who lives very close by… I don’t even need to leave our building to reach her front door. Instead of an en-mass meal I’m heading to my neighbours, in my PJs, to tuck into a chicken, pesto and Bousrin tart (which I’m really looking forward to making), cake and wine!
I didn’t really set out to bake today. Being snowed in (well I could go out – Dan has – but it’s really cold), it seemed like the sensible thing to do. I decided to do something with coconut as I have loads in, and a raspberry, coconut and white chocolate cake was the idea that tempted me the most. This is a really moist and sweet cake – just the way I like it. 🙂
Here’s how to make it. You’ll need:
- 125g butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 275g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 185 self raising flour
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 1 pack of fresh raspberries
- 1 small handful of white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease/line a cake tin.
- Cream together your butter, sugar and vanilla essence – I used an electric whisk to make it easier.
- Add in your eggs and milk until combined, then fold in your flour (sieved), coconut and raspberries.
- Pour into your cake tin, sprinkle your chocolate chips on top before cooking in the oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before turning out and serving.
Hayley Jayne xx