Well, what can I say? My ‘little blog project’ and food challenge has turned into something far beyond what ever I thought it could be and I’m having so much fun! In 31 days I’ve written 38 posts, either about or relating to food. I’ve tested and blogged 16 recipes, told you all about the wonders of tea in a crisis and how myself and Dan achieve foodie heaven with a frugal shopping budget.
I never thought anyone would look at this blog, if I’m being totally honest. It started out as a ‘secret’ project so I could see how I got on and decide whether or not I’d continue with it. People kept finding my blog, reading, liking and commenting on my posts… and I just kept on blogging. I blame Meryl Streep. If you haven’t read my first post, I watched Julie and Julia on New Years Eve and was inspired to try some sort of food challenge myself. This blog was the result.
About half way through my challenge, I set myself two little goals. You know, just to make it more fun! I wanted to rack up 3000 views and 50 followers by the end of the month. Last night I achieved 3003 views (whooooop) and today I hit 50 followers. I’ve had views and comments from people far and wide, including America, Canada, France, Peru, Barbados, Japan and more.
You’re a lovely bunch and I’d humbled and flattered that you’ve even stopped by to read one of my posts. Thank you. 🙂
Now, let’s get down to business. February – what can you expect on My Food Challenge?
- It’s pancake day on the 12th, so I’ll be coming up with some lush fillings to inspire you and tantalise your taste buds.
- Valentines Day is two days after, so expect love heart shaped treats.
- Eggs. I kinda like ’em and think they need a little post on my blog!
- I’m going to Wakefield Rhubarb Festival – it’s on 22nd and 23rd of Feb – I can’t wait!
- Tomorrow I’m going to a cheese shop in Lincoln. I hear it’s pretty good.
- Cupcakes – gotta tell you about Fancie sometime soon.
- Loads more recipes and rants.
I’ll be drinking to another month of My Food Challenge this evening!
Hayley Jayne xx