I’ve blogged this recipe before and it’s gone down a treat. A few people have asked me to make and deliver these (which I ought to do soon) and they taste deelish. I took and adapted it from Simple Things Magazine (which I would recommend). Enjoy…
200g of dark chocolate
100(ish)g of plain chocolate (I say ‘ish’ as I always eat some as I’m baking)
125g of unsalted butter, chopped into small squares
40g of cocoa powder
200g of caster sugar
200g plain flour, sifted (use as much as you need to get the consistency right)
4 eggs, beaten
1 generous tbsp of vanilla extract
1 pack of strawberries
A sprinkling of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease your chosen baking tins
- Place your butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water, melt and mix until it’s smooth TIP: To stop your bowl touching the bottom of the pan, use your old-style weighting scale weights, place in the centre of the pan and pop your bowl on top.
- In a separate bowl, combine your flour, cocoa, baking powder and caster sugar. Stir in your chocolate mixture and mix well
- Add in your eggs and vanilla extract and beat well (I beat mine by hand) until the mixture thickens. Add more flour or eggs should you feel it needs it.
- Cut your strawberries into small chunks, wash and fold them into your mixture, gently.
- Pour into tins, leaving room for them to rise. Use a spoon to spread the mixture evenly
- Bake for 25-30 mins
- Let them cool in the tins for 15 mins, remove, cut and sprinkle with icing sugar
If you make them, let me know how you get on!